Monday, March 28, 2011

Would you apply for a job having to take a personality and I.Q. test as part of the interview process?

Some companies are requiring job applicants to take personality and intelligence tests as part of the interview.  I had to take a test as a pre-requisite to employment.  I passed the test and was given the job.  However, the results of the test were not revealed to me.  I wonder just how many companies are requiring their job applicants to take these types of tests.

For some people, having to take a personality test or an intelligence test might seem like an invasion of privacy or a violation of civil rights.  However, what can these people do if they are facing another month of unpaid rent and utility bills?

A problem is, how is the test information being kept, is it being sold to companies that do research and marketing in the areas of personality research and intelligence?  I do know that call centers that take customer satisfaction surveys of people over the phone are paid several hundred dollars for each completed survey. How much would a personality and intelligence test result be worth a company that is in that sort of business?

So when it comes down to the bottom line and a person's housing, food, water and electricity access is on the line they take the tests or suffer the consequences, no job.

As that is how it is, I would definitely want to know my personality type and I.Q. level.  In a situation like this, instead of paying a company hundreds of dollars for these testing services I would visit several websites and take the test online anonymously.  I would compare test results between the several website to see if there were any similarities and differences.  At least in that manner, I would have enough information to get a basic idea of my personality type and intelligence level.  It would be my desire to at least be on par with the company I was working for regarding their knowledge of my personality and I.Q. based on their testing.


The substances you see are suspended in a non gaseous atmosphere. This is a deep space photo recon by NASA. The clouds are where stars are being born.  What kind of intelligence allows this to happen?  Photo credits to www.freeimages.co.uk and NASA
This webpage provides resources for testing your own IQ and personality type online.  There are a variety of intelligence tests used to determine IQ, or in other words, Intelligence Quotient.  According to some sources, there are thirteen different areas of intelligence which can be tested and assessed.  An Intelligence Quotient indicates and measures a person's mental abilities relative to others of approximately the same age.  I think there are many more personality types than there are intelligence types.


Useful Links to Take Online Intelligence Tests
http://www.allthetests.com/iq-test-intelligence.php3
http://giqtest.com/http://simple-iq.com/
http://www.free-iqtest.net/


View my 300 blogs and more photos here on my Hubpages at 

http://hubpages.com/hub/-Top-Ten-Google-Adsense-Earning-Websites